Depending on the needs of your unit, we can provide any of the following as part of the strategic planning process:
- Situational analysis
- Survey of faculty, staff, or other stakeholders
- Design, facilitation, and documentation of a strategic planning retreat
- Development of a draft strategic plan
- Collaboration with your unit’s director or planning committee to finalize the plan
If requested, we can also lead periodic meetings over the life of the plan to assess progress and identify updates.
A draft strategic plan will usually include the following basic elements:
- A vision
- A mission
- Guiding principles
- Key performance indicators
- Specific action items
Using our facilitation services for your strategic planning retreat will allow you to focus attention on content and ensure that everyone is able to be a full participant in the planning and decision-making.
We begin by listening to your needs and then tailor the approach to meet those needs. We help you:
- Define what you want to accomplish.
- Identify key stakeholders.
- Determine how you will use the plan.
- Design the process for developing the plan, including retreats and/or other meetings, which we can help facilitate.
- Develop ways to engage key stakeholders in the process.
- Design methods for gathering ideas, feedback, and data to inform the plan.
- Develop an action/project plan.
- Develop measures.
We encourage you to contact us early in the process, when you are first considering whether or not you want to develop or update your strategic plan.
Unless otherwise stated on the Statement of Work, estimated costs are based on an hourly consulting rate of $125, with the following additional conditions:
- An additional 50% surcharge may be applied for all client-requested consulting hours during evenings or weekends (so that those hours would be charged at the rate of $187.50).
- Events cancelled by the client without 24-hour notice may be billed at the full rate.
UW-Madison clients will be billed through an inter-departmental billing form.
External clients will be billed via invoice.
Clients will be billed at the conclusion of the project or engagement for actual hours, except in cases where activities are segmented into billable phases at the time of scoping (in such cases, clients will be billed at the conclusion of each project phase).
If services have been authorized under a retainer account, charges will be applied to the outstanding retainer balance, and updates will be provided quarterly to the retainer holder.
For any billing related questions, contact our project and fiscal coordinator.
Project and Fiscal Coordinator
445 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Phone: (608) 262-6843