On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, the Office of Strategic Consulting will be celebrating 20 years of Showcase! We have a lot to celebrate and hope you can join us. Showcase is an opportunity for colleagues from across the UW-Madison campus to connect with each other, share best practices, and learn from each other’s successes. The free event will again feature poster exhibits, breakout sessions, and a keynote presentation, in addition to the popular poster flash talks. We will also take a walk down memory lane to honor the many successful projects we’ve seen over the years and the people who made them happen.
New This Year!
We are excited to be adding several new features to Showcase this year, including:
- A special poster preview and reception on the afternoon before Showcase for poster exhibitors, speakers/presenters, executive sponsors, campus guests, and 2019 Administrative Improvement Award (AIA) winners and guests.
- Presentation of the 2019 Administrative Improvement Awards at the conclusion of the preview event. This will be the first year that the awards, which are sponsored by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, will be part of Showcase, providing a great opportunity for the campus community to participate in two springtime traditions and celebrations of excellence.
- A door prize drawing for those attending Showcase for the first time or those who invite a colleague who has never been to Showcase before (if you invite a colleague who has never been before, you will both be eligible for the drawing!).
Join us at 11:15 a.m. in the Union South Marquee Theater for Elizabeth “Liz” Menzer’s keynote presentation, Building Capacity for Change, in which she will highlight certain beliefs and behaviors embedded in high-performance organizations that enable them to survive—and even thrive—in a sea of change. She will also offer strategies on developing skills to be an effective change agent, responding to the four ways people tend to react to change, and implementing change using a simple 5-step process.
A Sampling of Poster Topics
Here is just a sampling of the wide range of topics covered by this year’s posters:
- Building organizational capacity through internships
- Using Plain Language to improve communication
- An electronic signature solution for contract management
- Implementing an employee recognition plan
- Diminishing achievement gaps in large classes
- A next-generation student digital ecosystem
- Serving returning adult students
- Agile delivery of course materials
- Engaging Greek men in violence prevention
- Using an e-ticketing system to track requests
- Fostering an insights-driven culture
- Preventing suicide at UW-Madison
Scroll through all of the posters on display at this year's Showcase.
This year's breakout sessions offer something for everyone and include a presentation by special guest Maury Cotter, Co-Founder and Emeritus Director of the former Office of Quality Improvement, which started Showcase.
Check out the schedule for all of this year's Showcase activities so you can plan ahead to make the most of your time.
Whether you have exhibited a poster at Showcase before or not, we have all the information you need to prepare your poster for this year’s Showcase, including registration information for our free poster workshops.
The 19th Annual Showcase, held on March 21, 2018, at Union South, featured 64 poster exhibits and attracted over 600 participants. It included four breakout sessions and a keynote presentation by Mark Guthier, Director of the Wisconsin Union.