Thank You to All Who Participated in This Year’s Event!
The 20th annual Showcase, held Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at Union South, featured 50 poster exhibits, 14 poster “flash talks,” four breakout sessions, and a keynote presentation. Nearly 500 people from all across campus (as well as some from off campus) attended the event and helped us celebrate the 20th anniversary of Showcase.
There were some new features this year as well, including:
- A special poster preview and reception on the afternoon before Showcase for poster exhibitors, speakers/presenters, executive sponsors, campus guests, and 2019 Administrative Improvement Award (AIA) winners and guests.
- Presentation of the 2019 Administrative Improvement Awards at the conclusion of the preview event.
- A door prize drawing for those attending Showcase for the first time or those who invited a colleague who had never been to Showcase before.
Synopsis of the Morning’s Activities
Poster Session: 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Participants learned about exciting and creative projects completed on campus in the past year and networked with the people who made them happen.
Breakout Sessions: 8:15 & 10:15 a.m.
Featured presenters offered their insights and expertise on a wide range of topics, including:
- “The People Side of Processes”
- “Exploring Best Practices in Student Employment”
- “Microsoft PowerApps: Building Custom Solutions to Common Problems with Office 365”
- “’Pulling’ (vs. Pushing) Change—Aha’s and Oh No’s from 20 Years of Quality Improvement at UW–Madison”
Additional details and presentation materials are available here.
Poster Flash Talks: 9:15-10:00 a.m.
Attendees were able to relax in a comfortable seat as 14 exhibitors provided quick 2-minute synopses of their projects and posters.
Keynote Presentation (“Building Capacity for Change”): 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
See details at right or get the presentation here.
Keynote Speaker Liz Menzer
Executive Director, Wisconsin Center for Performance Excellence
Elizabeth “Liz” Menzer delivered her keynote presentation, "Building Capacity for Change," to an engaged audience in the Union South Marquee Theater at 11:15 a.m. In it, she highlighted certain beliefs and behaviors embedded in high-performance organizations that enable them to survive—and even thrive—in a sea of change. She also offered strategies on developing skills to be an effective change agent, responding to the four ways people tend to react to change, and implementing change using a simple 5-step process.
This year's breakout sessions covered a wide range of topics that offered something for everyone. The presentations are now available for download.
Take a look at the Showcase 2019 Program for all of the details about this year's event, including a complete list of posters that were on display, as well as their descriptions.
Scroll through all of the posters on display at this year's Showcase.
The 19th Annual Showcase, held on March 21, 2018, at Union South, featured 64 poster exhibits and attracted over 600 participants. It included four breakout sessions and a keynote presentation by Mark Guthier, Director of the Wisconsin Union.