The Policy Library Project is focused specifically on university-wide policies. A university-wide policy is one that applies generally throughout the university to all faculty, staff, and students, regardless of where it originated.
School, college, and unit policies (i.e., those that apply only within the issuing unit) are not part of the project. Reviewing, assessing or updating policy content is also out of scope.
Below are more details regarding the parameters of the project.
- University-wide policies, regardless of where they originated.
- Documenting current campus-level policy development and approval processes.
- Recommending future campus-level policy development and approval processes, including tools and templates, a numbering system, and version control.
- Recommending and implementing a searchable, online policy library.
- Establishing policy publishing standards, such as html, pdf, and other outputs.
Out of scope:
- Reviewing, assessing, or updating policy content.
- Policies that apply only at the school, college, or unit level (e.g., School of Nursing laptop policy).
- Policies or regulations that originate at higher levels (e.g., UW System Administration, Board of Regents, Wisconsin state statutes, etc.)
- Affiliate organizations (e.g., Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Research Park, etc.)