The Policy Library Project is focused on establishing a searchable, online policy library for all university-wide policies at UW–Madison. The primary goal of the project is to create a single reliable, up-to-date resource for all university-wide policies that helps campus members swiftly and accurately locate policies that may be relevant to a current situation or need.
The Policy Library Project is jointly sponsored by the provost and the vice chancellor for legal affairs; it is being managed by the Office of Strategic Consulting.
Having a UW–Madison policy library will:
- Improve efficiency and accuracy in locating relevant university policy.
- Reduce frustration and confusion trying to find relevant policy.
- Increase certainty about whether a relevant policy exists.
- Reduce operational and legal risk to the university.
Provost Karl Scholz and Vice Chancellor for Legal Affairs Ray Taffora, executive sponsors of the Policy Library Project, have signed off on a proposed technical solution. Read more>>
- Policy Library Project Team Publishes Recommendations
January 30, 2020